God: I can’t help you in the future, I live in your “now”.
Us: I thought I was supposed to bring my prayers and requests, my troubles and challenges to you.
God: You bring them to me, not to abdicate responsibility and control but to come to the place of trusting me with your “things”, “stuff” and “concerns” and to be unburdened in the now, with Me.
Us: That is what I want to do, but I can’t. The ball is rolling towards me, I have to keep track of it so I can get out of the way if it turns bad. Help, Lord!
God: As long as you are thinking about other things for tomorrow, the next hour, minute or moment you are not present with me. Remember, I live in you and you live in Me.
Us: How do I get there?
God: I’m so glad you asked. You’ll probably remember many of these reminders:
- In returning and rest you shall be saved
- Stand still and see the salvation of the Lord
- The battle is the Lord’s
- God is our refuge and strength
- Be strong and courageous, don’t be afraid, for I am the one who goes with you
- I will not fail or forsake you
- Tribulation will come but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world
- I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand
- Before you call I will hear and while you are still asking I will answer
- Come to me when you are weary and tired and I will give you rest
- You will find perfect peace when your mind is on Me, when we are connected
- Be still and know that I am God
- Come and shelter beneath my wings
- I am your strong tower, your fortress and refuge
Us: Yes, Lord. Thanks for reminding me. My eyes are turning. I’m seeing Your eyes. I see your heart for me…such love! Once again you show me how much You love me and have my best in mind. Yes! Yes! I get it. At this moment, my concerns about tomorrow seem small. Oh, I love my time with you.
God: Yes, I love you. So much! We’ve got this. Why don’t we just rest and talk for a time. Tomorrow will take care of itself, with a little help from Me, and from Our embrace you will remember that with Me you can do anything.